Thank you for your interest in Mercy Catholic College as a secondary school for your daughter.
We encourage enrolments for families from local Catholic parishes and local school communities who are committed to making a positive contribution to the life of the College and who will benefit from our academic and pastoral care programmes. Students from other Christian and non-Christian traditions will be considered based on intake availability for the nominated year. Please refer to the Diocesan Enrolment Policy.
Enrolment Applications can be submitted at any time during your daughter’s primary school years. However, to maximise the likelihood of acceptance, the College encourages you to ensure your daughter’s Application has been received by the time she is in Year 4.
Attending our College Open Day or Open Morning is a recommended step in the enrolment process for all families. These events allow prospective students and families to experience and see the College first hand. Alternatively, you can organise a separate tour of the College.
Please return the completed Enrolment Application Form to the College office with:
- The student’s birth certificate and passport (with currently valid visa where applicable)*
- Recent passport sized photo of the student*
- Baptismal certificate and other Sacramental certificates to date*
- Parents’ citizenship certificate and / or passport visa for parents’ born overseas*
- Parish Priest Reference Form
- Current school reports and NAPLAN results
- Immunisation History Statement
- Any relevant medical and / or special needs assessments (where applicable)
- $250.00 non refundable application fee per application.
* Original documents will need to be produced during the enrolment process
On receipt of the Application Form and relevant documents your daughter’s enrolment information / enrolment details will be added to our intake list for the nominated year of commencement.
The acceptance process commences when your daughter is in Year 5. Prospective families will be notified of the process during Term 2.
If your daughter’s application has been successful an Offer of Placement will be made by the College Principal at her discretion by the end of Year 5. You must formally accept your daughter’s position at the College by returning the signed Acceptance Letter. An acceptance fee of $500 is also payable. This is refundable in the first year of enrolment as a fee reduction in Term 1.
To support your daughter’s transition into the College, the College offers a compulsory Orientation Day as well as a Parents & Friends Welcome Evening which allows your daughter and you to meet her extended Mercy Catholic College family, including her Year Co-ordinator, Tutor and her Year 10 Big Sister.
If throughout this process you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our College Registrar 9419 2890/ SMCCC.Registrar@dbb.catholic.edu.au